Thursday, January 1, 2009

Take me home...

country roads.


It's a minor miracle I am here writing this.

It was dark, and it was pouring. And it was an unfamiliar town. It was past mid-night. The roads were long and straight, and it would take you quite a while to realise that you may actually be going in the wrong direction. It kinda reminded me of the Australian outback... one wrong turn and you may not find civilisation for days.

"Go straight down, turn right... follow sign boards... you'll be ok" - that was basically the gist of the instructions that my three lady friends gave me.

I got into my car, and it was still pouring.

Right, straight down and to the right I turned.

What a weird town. I was now going down a three-lane road, there was a divider to my left, and there were another three lanes going the same way.

Hmm... maybe we'll merge after the traffic lights...

But then, why are the traffic lights facing the other way?

Err... why are the arrows painted on the road pointing this way??

Oh my god.

Why are there headlights heading straight for me???

2009 is only a day old!!!

And then, ala the Fast & Furious and Impak Maksima, I did a 180-degree swing on the wet and slippery road.

Phew.

Now that I'm facing the right way, I guess I need to look for a u-turn somewhere down the road then.

Talk about leaving out some minor details! Ladies!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ehem... ah a little birdie at the office already told me this story ...

you watched impak maksima ????

aida (stunned)

syuhadaa said...

dia tgk impak maksima the musical la tu.

hehe

hehe

ayaz ayaz..

Idaman said...

That little birdie kan, u know wholah, technically, although it is stretching it a bit far kan...

nearly killed me!

Actually, never watched Impak Maksima. Just the trailers. Hence the connection.

Anonymous said...

well.. it's like I knew!